Saturday, October 30, 2010

Update on List My 5


I'm still just starting out on the ListMy5 site and before I continue I have to say that I do like this site. I have every intention of continuing to use it as a means for residual income and plan to see how things go.

So far on the site I've only created about 14 shorter lists spread out over the course of the past 3 weeks and have started to see some pennies trickling in (48 of them so far - screen shots below). Considering the newness of this site that's not too bad. It won't replace other online revenue streams but it looks to be on a path to being a great addition to the other means of online residual income that I use.

I've added screen shots below just to provide a bit of validity and so you can actually how spread out the lists I created actually were: Note I've included screen shots of my lists page because the overview shows 23 articles but 9 of those are drafts - leaving only 14 published. The green circle entails published - orange circle - not published.





Advertising -

I've noticed over the past 2 days that the ads I see on my own articles and those of fellow freelance writer's articles are all the same (I've included screen shots below). 3 ads for the same political candidate - this made me curious so I posted on the forums and found that others are not seeing the same ads as me - it appears that some of the ads that they are seeing are ones associated with things they've searched or things perhaps popular in their locations. Now I know that the political ads are not showing up based on my search history or on my article topics so I'm curious to find out just how these ads are being selected.

At this point in time I'm thinking that this means of advertising is not going to pay off. Hopefully they will make a change to this in the very near future, as in my personal opinion - having dealt with many sites where you earn off of advertising revenue - I've yet to seen ads pay consistently that are based on such criteria. Seriously, if my daughter searches out Barbie and I therefore see Barbie ads on an article I'm reading about health those are not going to offer me additional information on what I'm looking for nor are they going to grab my attention.

(Note the article screen shot below is not mine it is actually a great list contributed by BestMommy - here is a link to the original article: Friends to Have on List My 5 part 1 )






UPDATE:  I am happy to report that for today I am seeing new advertisements on the freelance lists. No longer just the 3 ads for the same thing. And a few of them even appear to be related to the actual article topic!! This for me is wonderful news! 

Update on previous Update: OOPS spoke too soon the unappealing trio is back! 

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your favorite Bookmarking service:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter

2 comments:

Elaine on October 30, 2010 at 9:48 PM said...

I'm liking the looks of LM5 also and have been happy with my rising cents. Good luck! I'm also an Amy Bass "niche blogger." : )

bestmommy on November 17, 2010 at 8:38 PM said...

Thanks for mentioning my article in your post! By the way, the ads now showing on my article are for Groupon and online dating sites. LOL!

What's New on the Aweber Blog

Visit www.TheNicheBlogger.com
 

Get Paid To Display Their Ads on your Pages -100% Free

Get Chitika | Premium

Paid to Search

Search & Win

| Real Work From Home © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template Style by My Blogger Tricks .com | Design by Brian Gardner | Back To Top |